Saving Money on Travel (Without Staying in Hostels or Sleeping on Trains)

I have a hankering to hit the road, to see places unseen, to just pack my bag and go live in the world for a bit. But I can’t do it: Like most of you, I have to stay right here and work. 
But I can still dream. And dreaming about it sent me hunting for deals that make traveling easier, cheaper, and more stylish. From the travel itself to the accessories that keep you carry along, I’ve lined up four deals that’ll help you hit the road, stay connected, and bring back some memories.
If you really do go somewhere fun, be sure and send me a postcard.

Hopper



The Hopper app is an essential travel planning tool for me. When I’m in the early stages of planning a trip, I plug in my destination and Hopper keeps an eye on air fares; when it thinks the time to buy is right, it notifies me. If I’m flexible, it’ll also help me pick a destination based on where the best deals are right now. Hopper recently announced an update to the iOS app that lets you book a flight in the app with just a few taps, so you can start packing your bags right away instead of spending hours in front of a computer booking tickets. The folks at Hopper monitor billions of flight prices a day and found a few particularly great deals for you: San Francisco to Hong Kong for $495 on Air ChinaNew York (JFK) to Barcelona for $548Los Angeles to Taipei for $467Boston to Paris for $554Seattle to Beijing for $549; or Washington DC to Amsterdam for $611. Tempted? I know I am.

Knomad Tech Organizer



I’m one of those super-organized travelers: There’s nothing in my bag that I don’t need. I have the process of getting through airport security down to a science. And I can fit everything I need for a flight under the seat in front of me. The secret to organized (and thus less frantic) travel is having the right gear. And this Knomad organizer from Knomo of London is perfect for keeping everything you’ll need — tablet, phone, stylus, boarding pass, charging cables, backup battery, and business cards — at the ready. It’s genius. I got you a great deal on the Mini Canvas, Mini Leather, Air Canvas, or Air Leather. Just use the code DealSeeker to get 25 percent off. Hurry, though: This sweet deal expires on October 2.

Samsung NX 3000



This is a beautiful little camera, inside and out. The vintage design will look great slung around your neck as you travel the world. It’s small enough that you can carry it without getting a crick in your neck. And it takes amazing photos with the included 20-50 mm Power Zoom Lens and Flash. If the action heats up, you’ve got video, continuous shooting mode, and an insanely fast shutter speed. It is super-sensitive to light, so your pics will have great clarity and detail even if the ambient lighting is iffy. And leave the selfie stick at home: This baby uses your phone as a remote control, or you can just wink and it will take the shot. Sweet. And it’s on sale right now at Best Buy for $370. (List price is $480.)

Travel USB Hub




Does your laptop have just one USB port? Probably. And do you have more than one device that needs to be charged? Probably again. One of the hassles of travel is keeping everything running, and hotel rooms are notorious for using up all the outlets for silly things like alarm clocks and lamps. Don’t they know we have gadgets that need charging? Fortunately, you can toss this $8 gadget (usually it’s $25) into your bag and save yourself all kinds of irritation. It’ll give you four ports to plug in your devices — either to attach them to your computer or just to give them some juice. 
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/
Related post:

An Introduction to Android

Offline Google Maps for Android

Comments